Vanilla Fluff Fruit Salad

Vanilla Fluff Fruit Salad, Farmers Wife Original
 It's another summer weekend, and y'all know what that means... BARBECUES!!! Yeah baby, I love me some good ole' barbecues. You know the kind, the men all outside congregating around the grill complementing each other on their manliness (I'm just guessing this is what guys talk about while standing around the grill... lol!) and who can down a can of whatever drink is in their hands first, critiquing the griller's technique and hollering at the women to bring them more beverages. The kids are running around the yard being watched (hopefully!) by the men, or swimming and getting themselves very hungry for the food they will likely not want to stop to eat... And all the while the women are in the kitchen (cus we're really the smart ones being in AC) making up all the side dishes to go with the meat of choice being cooked by our men. Sound about right to you? ;-) Ok... I might have over-exaggerated a bit... But you get the point, a good barbecue is where we all come together to share a delicious meal. And I have just the thing for your next barbecue!!

This fruit salad is seriously my new favorite fruit anything. I've made it a couple of times and every time it is GONE fast! The first time I made this was just for the 3 of us, and we managed to pack it all away in one day... Yeah... I won't go into details as to how we spent most of that next day but I think it was well worth it! The little Sous Chef was in love with this, and the Hubby and I shared his opinion. You know when each bite that is taken everyone makes a "Mmmmm" noise that it must be good! I hope you'll give this a try for your next barbecue! (I know I will!)

Ingredients:
1 6oz. Container Non-Fat Vanilla Yogurt
1/2 cup Marshmallow Fluff
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1-2 Bananas, sliced
1 16oz. Container Strawberries, sliced
2/3 cup Blueberries
1 16oz. Can Mandarin Oranges, drained
1 8oz. Can Pineapple Tidbits, drained
1/2 cup Raspberries

Directions:
In a large bowl whisk together yogurt, marsmallow fluff and lemon juice until combined and smooth. Add in your fruit and mix until fully coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Review:
This is incredibly simple, and sinfully delicious! This gets 5 stars from our family! If you wanted to you could add in some nuts for a crunch or a bit of granola, and you can really use any fruit you like as well.

And be sure to stay tuned this week for more BBQ friendly sides all leading up to a VERY special Guest Post this Friday!!

Happy Cooking!
The Farmers Wife

Comments

  1. Yep. I have to agree. That sounds like the typical BBQ!
    The salad looks and sounds delicious...with so many different fruits in it! Can't wait to make it for my family...We're having a BBQ tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your right on the money with the whole BBQ thing! :) The fruit salad looks delish.....I love a good sweet sauce with my fruit. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, this salad looks amazing! you gave me one great idea for today and for the party next week! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This salad is so grand! Yes, it is just right for party! I am really saving this recipe! Thanks a lot for this unique salad recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kim - you crack me up! I not only adore your wonderful recipe...I LOVE how you talked about what happens at a BBQ. =D You are soo cute! And clever too....terrific recipe combo. I'm gonna try it soon. Thanks Hun...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim,
    Thanks for the new twist on fruit salad. It gives fruit salad a new look and taste. Thanks for sharing. Your takes on the BBQ are to funny, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been grilling so much lately too. Burgers, chicken, hot dogs... It's been so great! This fruit salad sounds delicious, and perfect for a light summer dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marshmallow fluff in fruit salad?! YAAAAY! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Kim, this sounds fabulous!!! What a great twist on fruit salad~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marshmallow is perfect for a fruit salad-great idea. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds great! Marshmallow fluff is such a great idea for salad!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great fruit salad....love that marshmallow fluff. I would dive right into this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a loaded potato. Now I won't have to feel guilty eating your healthy twist on them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts