Spicy Mayo

Spicy Mayo, Farmers Wife Original

Hey y'all!! I am SO sorry it's been almost a week since I posted last... This whole week has been NUTS! I fell and twisted my ankle earlier this week and have been running around shopping, and then regretting it and laying down icing my foot for the better part of this week! With everything going on my brain has been way too fried to write up a post, however I have been cooking and baking up a storm! My house smells like fall today, and I'm loving it! But today's post is about something different!

We've all been to those upscale sandwich shops at one point or another, and most of us have favorites that we order ever single time we go. Well I remember one such place when I was living back East, that had the world's most amazing Turkey Sandwich, full of flavor and the most delicious spicy mayo. That was the only "wet" portion of the sandwich but it was enough, and I've long wanted to replicate that sandwich. I finally got as close as I could with this delicious mayo recipe, and some amazing onion poppy seed ciabatta bread. I made this for dinner one night last week, and then again for lunch the next day. hehe! If you love a flavorful sandwich, and want to replicate your favorite deli shop's specialty sandwich's, I hope you'll give this a try! And I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Mayo (I like the Olive Oil based ones)
1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1/8 teaspoon Paprika
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1-2 Green Onions, finely diced

Directions:
Combine the mayo and spices in a bowl and whisk together. Taste test and if you want it spicier add more spices. Then add the diced onion and mix, spread on your bread of choice for a delicious sandwich. Cover and keep in the fridge.

Review:
I have to say I really, really love this stuff! I not only enjoyed my replica sandwich, but I also used this to make a BLT the other day on a delicious Everything Bagel, and I will never go back to plain ole' mayo on a BLT again! I hope you give this easy and delicious mayo a try soon! 5 stars


Happy Cooking!


P.S. Don't forget about the Giveaway going on until the 29th for a $100 American Express Giftcard!! There's still time to enter!

Comments

  1. This does sound good. It's funny how one simple addition to a dish can transform it into something spectacular. I do the same when I teach sushi classes. My students start by eating it with the usual condiments and then I create my special spicy mayo and they can't eat it with anything else.

    I look forward to tryIng your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you hurt yourself this week. Not being able to get about must have been so frustrating to you. But you look like you've dealt with well considering this great spicy mayo you've got here. It looks very delicious. I bet this would work great on any sandwich. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I've become so addicted to "spicy" that I splash some tobasco on just about everything! I'm gonna have to try this the next time I have a burger or sandwich.

    Haley @ The Girly Girl Cooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your foot is feeling better! This mayo is perfect to kick up a great sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you twisted your ankle. Get well soon. Love your spicy mayo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great mayo recipe, this looks fantastic! Hope your ankle feels better! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMMM. My brother-in-law makes a fantastic spread with mayo and ground up chipotles. It is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts