Maple Glazed Carrots

Maple Glazed Carrots, Farmers Wife Original
With the holidays fast approaching, I've been going back over some recipes I've never blogged about this year. Believe it or not at any given time I have a back log of recipes that have yet to make it onto the site. Sometimes it's nice to be able to not worry about cooking something new for a week and just post recipes that I haven't taken the time to post yet. And other times I get struck dumb at how long it's been since I made a particular recipe and it's not made it's way to y'all yet! This is one such recipe... I made this earlier this year... for Easter. HAHA! I honestly don't know why it's taken me so long to post this recipe, other than to say I forgot about it and replaced it with what I would probably deem more impressive meals. But the truth is no meal is complete without at least 1 delicious side right?

Now I'm weird about carrots, I do love them. But I hate them raw, even with ranch I'm not overly fond of them. But cooked in a stir fry, or with a sweet glaze and I think these little babies become like a piece of heaven on my plate! I've made these a few times over the years, tweaking the recipe just a bit each time til it was just right, and this time I just fell in love. My little Sous Chef went nuts about these, which really surprised me! As a baby carrots were one of his least favorite foods, and he's never eaten them since, until I made these at Easter. I think he ate more of them than my Hubby and I combined... So if you're looking for a kid friendly veggie side for this holiday season I hope you'll give these a whirl!

Ingredients:
1 Bag of Baby Carrots
1/2 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
1/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt

Directions:
In a medium saucepan combine the syrup, sugar, cinnamon and salt on low-medium heat. Once the sugar is dissolved add in the carrots and mix to evenly coat them all. Cover and let come to a low boil, stirring frequently so the sugar doesn't burn. Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until carrots are fork tender. Serve warm.

Review:
These carrots are so very simple, yet full of delicious flavor. They are a great side dish especially with so many saltier sides like Mashed Taters and Green Bean Casserole that most of us make this time of year. My little Sous Chef gives these a 4 star rating!

Happy Holiday Cooking!

Comments

  1. We love cooked carrots, so we'll have to try this on for sure. Glad that your little Sous Chef liked this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like my kind of carrot - delicious and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. maple glazed carrots is the only way Tiffany eats some! glad to hear your little Sous Chef loved them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM, I am a big carrot fan. My mom makes a glazed carrot around holidays that is just wonderful. This reminds me of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts