Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes ~ Guest Post!


 Hey y'all!! I'm SO excited about today's guest post! Today a very good and "old" friend of mine, Samantha, has agreed to share her famous recipe for Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with y'all! When I say old I don't mean so much in years, but Samantha and I have been friends since we were in Jr. High, and though we've lost touch at times over the years, you really wouldn't know it by the relationship we have now. I am so blessed to have her as a friend and I am SO honored that she's sharing this recipe with us today! She's a busy Momma herself to a sweet little boy, and I appreciate her taking the time to write up this post! Now without further ado I turn this post over to you Sam!
_____________________________________

I make these every year for Thanksgiving and my family goes crazy. I have to hide them so they don't get eaten before dinner. I constantly get requests to make more and more each year. This will make about 2 dozen cupcakes, last year I doubled the recipe to make sure everyone had enough, and most likely will again this year. It's a great treat for after Thanksgiving dinner, if you can wait that long. I hope you guys enjoy them as much as my family does! Happy Thanksgiving.


*This picture does not do these cupcakes justice, my son helped me with the icing so they aren't as pretty as you can make them!


What you will need:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sift before measuring
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 eggs, beaten until frothy
1 cup mashed cooked or canned pumpkin
3/4 cup milk

Directions:
In medium sized bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In large bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs. Blend in mashed or canned pumpkin. Stir in the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the milk, blending until batter is smooth after each addition. Spoon batter into baking cups (I usually find ones with pumpkins on the bottom for the holiday).  Bake at 375° for 25 minutes, or until a wooden tooth pick comes out clean. Let them cool and then I frost them with cream cheese frosting and top with a little pumpkin decoration.
________________________________

Don't those just sound amazing y'all?!? If I can find the extra time I might just whip some up for Thanksgiving this year! Thank you Sam SO much for this post! I love ya girl! 

Samantha and I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

  1. Nice to meet you Sam! Your cupcakes sound so good and full of pumpkin flavor with all of those spices, Yum! It's nice tat your little boy could help you make them.

    Kim.
    A great guest post1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Samantha, nice that you two have such a long term friendship. Baking with your kids is always fun and you chose a wonderful recipe. Love the list of ingredients-no doubt they were delicious. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you Samantha! I can see why your family goes nuts over those cupcakes..they sound sooo good!
    Kim, awesome guest post..I wishing you ladies fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am all about pumpkin...and CREAM CHEESE too! What a delightful combination. They must be super...I'm pinning this recipe. Thanks to both of you for sharing. Please stop by my blog and check out a giveaway I have going on. http://thebetterbaker.blogspot.com/2011/11/its-time-for-giveaway.html Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts