Cheesy Mac

Cheesy Mac, Farmers Wife Original Recipe

I don't know about you all but in my house Mac and Cheese is a go to meal, and loved by both my son and hubby. Typically we're a blue box kinda family, though I've tried making different versions over the years, they were never enjoyed as much as this beloved blue box. Until this recipe I made just last week. It was one of those days where I didn't really feel like cooking, wanted something easy and was really in the mood for pasta. So I went searching through my fridge and pantry and found all of the ingredients listed below and started cooking, and man am I glad I did!!! I've never seen my son eat Mac and Cheese the way he did that night, and the next day for lunch, and the next day after that... It was a little bit crazy!

I think if we're all honest with ourselves, we each have a little kid in us buried deep down that still wants that good ole' comfort food. And I love being able to pass those favorites of mine down to my son. I hope that this will bring back some cheesy memories for you all, and also have to say this would be a pretty awesome side dish on Christmas! ;-)

Ingredients:
1 lbs. Ditalini Pasta (or your pasta of choice)
1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
1 1/2 Cups Mild Cheddar, Shredded
1 Cup Velveeta, cubed
Pepper to taste

Directions:
In a large stock pot cook your pasta til Al Dente' or preferred doneness. In a medium pot, heat your cream, cheeses and pepper until smooth and bubbly, stirring frequently. Once your pasta is done, drain and pour back into the pot. Then pour all the cheese mixture on top and stir until evenly coated, serve warm.

Review:
This was surprisingly good to be honest. I've made homemade mac and cheese before and it was not loved by my boys, but they both devoured this batch and asked for more! I'd give this 4.5 stars!

Happy Cooking, and Merry Christmas!

Comments

  1. I love mac & cheese, all time favorite. Great recipe. Nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could eat Mac n cheese daily and probably would if it didn't have fat and calories. It's the most comforting food I know of. You recipe sounds yummy with the addition of velvetta another ole time favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts