Banana Bread Pancakes

Banana Bread Pancakes, Farmers Wife Original Recipe

I love breakfast foods, it really is no big secret around here. My go to meal at the end of the day if I'm tired is typically something breakfast related, because it's easy and filling. It's not very often that my family gets to sit down to breakfast because of our schedules either, so sometimes it's a lot of fun to get in our pj's in the evening, and gather around the table for a fresh "breakfast" for dinner! I know we're silly (and yes whenever we have breakfast for dinner we do all get in our pj's first, just something fun about it!) but you would be bored with me if I didn't get silly every once in awhile!

The other day I had promised my hubby I'd make pancakes for dinner as he was craving them (I know aren't I the one who's supposed to have the pregnancy cravings?!?) but you know me, I can't just make plain pancakes all the time! So I decided to try a little of this and that, and ended up with what tasted exactly like banana bread in pancake form! Oh My Goodness Y'all!!! They were amazing! My 3 year old ate 1 whole pancake in 5 minutes flat (which NEVER happens!) and then asked for another one! I couldn't believe it, my kid eating dinner and him not taking forever. These pancakes were fluffy, and full of flavor without being overwhelming with banana. Mmmm... So I just couldn't wait, I had to share this recipe with y'all ASAP so you can share them with your family this weekend! Bon Appetite!

Ingredients: yields about 14 pancakes
1 Egg
1 Cup Buttermilk
2 Tablespoons Oil
2 Large Ripe Banana's, Mashed
1 2/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg

Directions:
Heat your griddle to 350F degrees, and grease well. In a large bowl whisk together the wet ingredients including the banana. Then add in the dry and mix until thick. Using a gravy ladle, ladle about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot griddle for each pancake. Flip when bubbles start to form in the middle. Serve warm with your favorite syrup.

Review:
Honestly, I think I may have found my new favorite pancake. I just LOVED these! Maybe it's the pregnancy talking, I don't know, but y'all really have to give these a whirl. I give them 5 stars!


Happy Baking!

Comments

  1. They sound like really delicious pancakes! I'm sure I would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea...they look really good! When my family was younger, they loved when I made pancakes for dinner, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could eat banana bread everyday so I'm certain these pancakes must be amazing. I'm not sure if I should try them or not because I may decide to permanently add them to my morning breakfast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts