Chicken Ramen Salad

Chicken Ramen Salad, Family Recipe
 Cravings... They are both a wonderful and a horrible thing to a pregnant woman... They are wonderful in the sense of something actually sounds good to eat, but awful if you can't have it right at that moment the craving hits you. haha! Oh c'mon you know it's true... No matter who you are or what stage of life you are in chances are you've too been hit with a craving at one point that left you either satisfied or completely angry with the world for not allowing you to eat whatever it is you want. 

Ok now that we've sufficently covered the fact that I have cravings, you've probably also figured out that I was craving this recently... For about 2 weeks to be exact. And it's been driving me NUTS!! I've dreamt about this salad, imagined I was eating this salad, and even contemplated yelling at the grocery stocker kid for not having the broccoli cole slaw last week when the craving first hit (you'd be glad to know I refrained from yelling though!). To describe how much I love this salad let me tell you this...

I would rather eat this salad than eat chocolate any day of my life!! 

You can revoke my girl card now if you'd like to. But I just can't help it, this is my favorite salad. I grew up eating this as a kid and I love how fresh it always tastes no matter what time of year I make it. It's so incredibly simple to throw together and is typically a crowd pleaser (I say typically because up until my hubby and his family I hadn't met a single person who didn't love this salad, but these farmers are not a fan... lol!). And I know it's not really salad weather in most of the country but I hope you'll forgive me, this Momma just had to have it and share it with y'all! ;-)

Ingredients:
Salad:
1 12-16 oz. bag of Broccoli Cole Slaw
2 Packages Chicken Ramen Noodles
1-2 Grilled or Roasted chicken breasts (or you can use 1-2 Packages Grilled Chicken Strips)
2-3 Green Onions, Chopped
1-3 T. Sunflower Seeds (optional, I leave this out),

Dressing:
1/3 Cup Oil
1/3 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
1/3 Cup Sugar, or 8 packets of Splenda
1 T. Soy Sauce
1 t. Pepper
2 Flavoring packets from the Ramen

Directions:
Mix together the dressing first, can do this the night before and leave it in the fridge overnight, or right before serving. In a large bowl combine the Salad ingredients, and break up the ramen noodles into small chunks (I just hit the package with a spoon to break it up before opening). Cut up chicken into bite sized pieces, and add to salad. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix.

Review:
This is a wonderful light summer salad, that is filling and delicious! I will admit this is the one thing you can find me standing in the kitchen eating leftovers out of the container at midnight... lol! My hubby is not a huge fan of this, but he's not a big veggie or salad eater. My little sous chef however loves it! Personal opinion this is even better the next day, except it's not as crunchy! 5 stars!

Happy Cooking!

 
 This recipe is linked up on:

Comments

  1. I'm totally with you on the salad... I would like to try it. My only question is on the ramen and how "crunchy" is it? I like it cooked... but I guess that defeats the purpose of using it to make the crunchy part. Hmmm.... now I'm thinking I must try it out for myself. I'm glad you finally got the ingredients to satisfy the craving! :) Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ramen is essentially the "crouton" of this salad. It absorbs the dressing so it has a great flavor, plus the longer it sits in the fridge once prepared they do get softer. I honestly like it both ways, with the crunch and the softer noodles. lol! Thanks hun! You too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this with Weekend Potluck! I am so excited that salad season and spring are upon us!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~Tonya from 4 little Fergusons

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel..I had craving hit me so hard that I would eat pasta with pinch of salt together with milk..call me crazy but that was soooo good to me:)))
    On the other side your salad look amazing! Love your recipe! Hope you are doing great sweetie..be healthy and safe!!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This salad looks wonderful. Will have to try this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This salad definitely sounds tempting :) I think I can also start craving for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore and crave this salad and make it all the time, especially in the summer. I love to bring it to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious! I can't wait to try it. I love broccoli slaw.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts