Hot Fudge Pudding

Hot Fudge Pudding, Grandma's Recipe

Growing up there were certain recipes that were staples in our house. Grandma's Buttermilk Chicken was one, another was Buttermilk Pancakes with Apple Syrup, Chocolate Chip Bars, and my all time favorite Hot Fudge Pudding. Man this stuff was always gone as fast as it came out of the oven, we drooled over it, acted like hungry monkeys waiting for it to finish cooking, and were completely intoxicated with the smell of it. It really is THAT good!

This recipe is another of my Grandma's recipes that I feel so blessed to be able to share with you all. I love my Grandma's cooking, she really always was the best and I think I take after her with my love of cooking and creating recipes. This hot fudge pudding is an old fashioned recipe, it's not pudding like you buy in a box at the store. It's a cake, that is baked and creates a sauce that when you pour the hot sauce over the cake it makes this pudding like texture. And let me tell you folks it is to die for! Death by Chocolate would be another good name for this recipe, as it is full of chocolaty goodness and will make the die hard chocolate lover fall in love with chocolate all over again! I don't make this recipe very often as I really like the fast desserts that don't heat up my house, but a few weeks ago I got a craving and nothing but making this right that second would fulfill my craving. So... I made it. Sure it was hot already, probably about 90 degrees outside, yes our house was really warm by the time it was done... But man was it ever worth it! I hope y'all will give this a try sometime when you want a warm and decadent chocolate treat!

Ingredients:
1 Cup Flour
1/4 teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
3/4 Cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1/2 Cup Milk
2 Tablespoons Melted Shortening
Topping:
1 Cup Brown Sugar
4 Tablespoons Cocoa
1 3/4 Cups HOT Water

Directions:
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and 2 tablespoons of cocoa. Then add the milk and melted shortening creating a batter. Spread in a 9" square pan. Mix together the brown sugar and 4 tablespoons of cocoa, and sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter. Pour the hot water over the top of the cake. Then bake at 350F degrees for 45 minutes. The cake will rise to the top and the sauce settles on the bottom. Let cool a few minutes, then serve by spooning cake into a bowl and topping with the sauce from the bottom, serve it warm by itself or with your choice of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

Review:
This delicious dish really is quite easy to put together, but requires patience in waiting for it to cook. We just love this dessert and let me tell you it is a crowd pleaser! You can easily double this recipe and cook it in a 9x13" pan for a delicious dessert for your next dinner party! 5 stars.

Happy Baking!


Comments

  1. You dad just made that for me for Mother's Day. Yuumy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts