Oatmeal Cran-Chip Cookies

Oatmeal Cran-Chip Cookies, Farmers Wife Original

Recently I posted the "Perfect" Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe, but what I didn't tell you was that my experimenting that Saturday didn't end at the oatmeal raisin cookie! I also decided to experiment with another new recipe that had been floating around my head. That was for an oatmeal cookie, with dried cranberries and dark chocolate chips... Oh yeah baby!! Now I've had similar cookies before but they've all had white chocolate in them. And don't get me wrong I love white chocolate, but what I hadn't ever seen done was them with a dark chocolate.

I don't know if you've ever tasted the combo of cranberry and dark chocolate before but I have, and boy is it amazing! It really blows your mind and makes your taste buds dance! And I desperately wanted this flavor in a cookie. So I took the basis of my oatmeal raisin recipe, and changed it up just a little adding in the cranberries and chocolate... And oh my goodness were they amazing! I thought my oatmeal raisin cookies got raves, but as soon as everyone tried these cran-chip cookies the reviews were off the charts! I got the closed eyes, blissful face, and then once they could speak again everyone said they were absolutely amazing! They then became the favorite of the cookies I made, with everyone going back for more! Basically these were a HUGE hit, with both family and friends! So next time you want to try something a little different I hope you'll think of these, I personally can't wait to make them again!

Ingredients: makes roughly 20 cookies
1/2 Cup Margarine, softened
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
1 Egg
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
2/3 Cup Dried Cranberries
2/3 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips (or your preferred chocolate)

Directions:
In your mixer blend the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla til smooth. Then in a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices and salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix on low-medium speed until combined. Then add the oats, dried cranberries and chocolate, and mix well. At this point chill the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, up to 1 hour. Once mixture is chilled, spray your cookie sheets with non stick cooking spray, and using a 1 1/2 tablespoon scoop drop scoops of cookie dough about 2 inches apart on your sheets. Bake at 350F degrees for 10-12 minutes, until golden around the edges and slightly golden on top. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack.

Review:
Amazing, really just simply amazing! I really don't like to toot my own horn when it comes to my recipes, but really you just have to give these a try to know just how simply amazing they really are! 5 stars

Happy Baking!






Comments

Popular Posts