Pancake Squares

Adapted from Big Red Kitchen

Hello friends! I know it's been a few weeks since my last post, what can I say? Life is anything but slow these days! I'm doing my darndest to keep up but honestly most days all I care about is keeping my kids healthy and happy, and getting a shower... lol! Cooking still happens, but I admit I haven't made a whole lot of new things, this Mom has been pulling from her archives for quick and easy meals. Plus my wonderful Hubby has officially started lettuce season so I'm pretty much a farm widow and only feeding me and my little 4 year old! That is however what inspired this recipe!

I've been trying to come up with easy, yet special meals for me and my little man since he is missing Daddy so much. And while I adore my regular pancake recipe, I hate standing at the skillet cooking for 40 minutes. This was so easy, took no time at all to throw together, and was fabulous! I really want to experiment more with this recipe too, like adding pumpkin and other things! Yum...

Ingredints:
3/4 Cup Buttermilk
2 Tablespoons melted Butter
1 Egg
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Cup Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
Pinch of Nutmeg

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350F degrees, and grease an 8x8 pan. Then in a bowl combine the wet ingredients with a whisk. Then add in your dry ingredients and whisk til combined. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve warm with your favorite syrup!

Review:
Considering the entire pan was gone the night I made these... I'd say it was a huge hit! Our family is giving this a 5 star rating!

Happy Baking!

Comments

Popular Posts