Easy Breakfast Burrito's



Good Morning Blogworld!!! I hope you all are having a wonderful morning, and going to enjoy your weekend. I personally am looking forward to relaxing this weekend with my little family, after several stressful and busy weeks. Which for me means doing laundry and baking, playing a CandyLand with my little Sous Chef, playing Peekaboo with Little Miss, and probably watching some strange Sci-Fi shows with my Hubby. Lol! But trust me I'm going to enjoy every moment of it!
 
Earlier this week I was exhausted from a busy weekend, hungry, and didn't want anything I already had in my house. lol! You know what I'm talking about, the nights where you just want to beg and plead with your spouse to grab some burgers or a pizza on their way home but feel guilty doing so and instead force yourself to cook and hope it tastes good. Well that's what I did, and honestly I'm glad that I resisted the temptation to get take out. These burritos were tasty, easy, and seriously delicious! The leftovers kept really well, and were great as breakfast over the next couple days for me and my Little Sous Chef. And the best part, you can make these with whatever you keep on hand for the most part. If you don't have bacon, use sausage or another meat. If you don't have onion use peppers etc. This recipe is easy to tailor to the tastes of your family, but for now I'm going to give you the basics of what I did! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and get to spend some time around the table with your loved ones, a good cup of coffee (or tea if you're strange and like tea... lol!) and a delicous meal!



Ingredients: makes 4 servings of 2 burritos per person if using 10" tortillas
10 Eggs
5 Slices of Bacon, cooked and diced
5 Slices Ham Lunchmeat, diced
1 Medium Tomato, diced
1/4 Onion, diced
1/3 Cup Salsa
1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar
Flour Tortillas

Directions:
In a large frying pan, cook up your bacon until golden and crunchy, then drain on paper towels and once cool dice it up and set aside. Clean out almost all the grease from the pan and cook the ham, tomato and onion until the onion is slightly translucent and everything is warmed through. Add to the bacon and set aside. Whisk up your eggs and cook in the greased pan just like you would scrambled eggs. *Tip for fluffy eggs! Whip them up til slightly frothey, then cook eggs on medium heat, in a hot pan. Don't move them around too much.* Once eggs are cooked add in remaining ingredients minus the tortillas and mix until the cheese is melted and everything is mixed evenly. Serve on warmed tortillas.

Review:
We really liked these, the flavor was spot on and I've been craving them ever since we finished the leftovers. 4.5 stars!


Happy Cooking!

Comments

Popular Posts