Pico de Gallo

Pico de Gallo, Farmers Wife Original
Hey Y'all! Good gracious I can't believe it's almost April already! This last year has been such a whirlwind for our little family. I have really missed getting on here and sharing recipes with you all. Believe me, I've still been cooking and taking pictures (when I can) but the last few months have been beyond hectic. Curious? Well I feel like sharing!

In February the 4 of us went on a camping/hiking trip, yes we took the baby. It was... interesting... lol! But when we came back I spent a couple days getting back into routine and tried logging onto my computer to share a new recipe with you all... Only my computer wouldn't start... Like at all. FREAK OUT!!!! Let me tell you the 3ish weeks it took us to get in working order were awful for this little Momma! It was like a limb had been removed from my wrists... How did we function before the blessed home computer?!? Well from my experience you clean a lot, like seriously. I completely rearranged whole rooms in my house and went on a crazy cleaning binge, haha! And next thing I knew February was over.

Then came March... And yes, my computer was working now. Only it had a brand new operating system... Windows 8. Which I'm still getting used to and honestly don't know if I like it yet. Then it got crazy. My hubby was out of town most of this last month. Along with various members of our family. The kids and I were also gone a fair amount, with another camping trip, and a couple of our dear friends got married last weekend too, and both of my very handsome boys were in their wedding! And now here we are... The end of March...

If you can't tell, it was insane. I'm still crazy exhausted and we're not done yet! April has more challenges for us, and I'm just praying to get through it all and back to normal. But for now I have a moment to squeeze in this recipe for you, and I hope you like it!

For awhile now I've been wanting to make homemade salsa, living in the Southwest it's pretty much a staple in our house. But I've been putting it off thinking it wasn't worth the extra work, and expense. And basically being lazy... Well I'm here to confess something to you... I... Am... An... IDIOT! Why I waited to try this I will never know, because it's amazing. I love fresh Pico de Gallo, I go insane for it, and now all I have to do is walk to my fridge and get some... Buh Bye Diet! lol! Seriously though, this is fresh, delicious and if you love salsa like me you have to give this a try!

Ingredients:
5-6 Roma Tomatoes, diced
1/2 Large White Onion, diced
1 Jalapeno, diced as fine and small as you can get it (if you like REALLY spicy salsa you can add more)
1 teaspoon Garlic Paste, or 1-2 Cloves of Garlic Minced
1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
1-2 Tablespoons Lime Juice (concentrate is fine)
1 teaspoon Salt
Pepper to taste

Directions:
Dice up all your ingredients, being sure to keep the juices from the tomatoes. And place it all in a bowl, and mix well. Taste, to adjust any flavorings you might want to add (just remember it will taste different after sitting in the fridge for a few hours so don't go crazy!). At this point you can either cover the bowl, or place the salsa in a jar and seal it. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but preferably overnight.

Review:
5 stars!!! Literally I wouldn't change a thing, except to maybe hoard it all for myself.... lol!

Happy Easter!


     

Comments

Popular Posts