5 Minute Cilantro Lime Rice

Cilantro Lime Rice, Farmers Wife Original
I have to admit I have a secret food love... And it's not homemade. And I know they say the first step is to admit you have a problem... Well I do, and it's time I tell you all... I absolutely adore the Burrito Restaurant Chipotle!!! Lol! I could eat their burritos every single day if I let myself... haha! And up until last year the closest one we had was a few hours away. Then just weeks before our Little Miss was born low and behold they finally opened one in town!!! I went nuts, actually made my hubby take me the weekend it opened, kinda crazy I know but I craved their food my entire pregnancy. However, I haven't always been able to enjoy everything on their menu...

You see when I was younger I had an adverse reaction to cilantro, it was awful. And so sad because I just love salsa and mexican food, and cilantro is a vital ingredient to most mexican cooking. But for some strange and miraculous reason, after having our son, cilantro no longer bothered me. And I couldn't be happier! So upon discovering this I started adding the rice back into my burritos, and recently decided to give this a try in my own burritos. And it was amazing! Simple way to add a little extra flavor! I hope y'all will try it, especially with Cinco de Mayo coming up! This would be a great addition to any of your Cinco de Mayo parties... I know it will be at mine!


Ingredients: this recipe makes 3 cups of rice
3 cups Water
1/4 cup Chopped Cilantro Leaves
2-3 Tablespoons Lime Juice (depending on how much lime you like)
3 cup Minute Rice

 Directions:
In a medium stock pot boil water. Wash and finely chop cilantro. Once water comes to a boil add the cilantro, lime and rice stir to mix then put lid on and remove from heat. Let it stand for 5 minutes until rice is cooked and fluff with a fork. Serve as a side or in your favorite burrito.

Review:
5 stars, this was delicious and full of flavor. Honestly tasted just like Chipotle's famous rice and was so simple and easy to make, I will be making it all the time now!


Happy Cooking!
     

Comments

Popular Posts