Chicken Fingers

 Slightly Adapted from The Pioneer Woman.

I don't know about your family, but ours could go through a whole bag of chicken fingers pretty freaking fast. I mean what's not to love, chicken... good, breading... good, being a total fatty...good!!! ha! I remember the very first time my little Sous Chef had chicken fingers. They were admittedly from a fast food joint (*gasp* I know), and it seems like forever ago! But I still remember that first bite he took, not only was it a milestone that he was eating finger food, but he just loved it! I don't think he'd ever eaten that much in one sitting before that day. Ever since, my little Sous Chef has had a very strong love for chicken fingers, and because of that chicken fingers went from an occasional "I'm too tired to care what we eat" dinner, to a weekly menu item in our house. Now I've made my fair share of recipes for chicken fingers, but this is my favorite so far. Not only were they incredibly easy, but they were so flavorful. We all enjoyed them, and they heated up really well as leftovers too. I hope you're family will enjoy these as much as we did!

Ingredients:
2-3 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Strips (Or chicken breasts cut into strips)
Buttermilk
1 1/2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Poultry Seasonings
1/4 teaspoons Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Vegetable Oil
Garlic Salt

Directions:
If using chicken breasts, first thing you need to do is cut the chicken into strips. Then rinse and pat dry with a paper towel. Next, in a large bowl submerge the chicken strips in buttermilk for at least 15 to 20 minutes (or longer if you’d like). In another bowl combine flour and spices, mix together well. Add about ¼ to ½ cup of buttermilk into the flour mixture and stir lightly with a fork as you add it, just to moisten it. Heat about 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-low to medium heat. Take a few of the buttermilk-soaked strips and place them in the flour mixture, turning them over to coat them thoroughly. Place them on a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken strips until they are all ready to cook. Once the oil is good and hot, begin cooking the strips a few at a time. Cook them for about 2 minutes per side. Once golden and crispy, place them to a paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with garlic salt while still hot, and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.

Review:
These were just amazing! Do not skip the sprinkle of Garlic Salt!! This totally makes the chicken strips stand out among all other strips we've ever had. We had ours with BBQ sauce, but they would be great with whatever sauce you like, or plain. 4.5 Stars

Comments

  1. Those chicken fingers look so crisp and fingerlicking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken fingers are the best! I use the same recipe as yours but never thought of sprinkling garlic salt. That would be a tasty addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I order the chicken fingers please? I mean whoa! Those look tasty and super crunchy. Can you send me some via DHL? I love the blog and sorry I am just now coming over and checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea about the garlic salt! These look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are completly right, one cannot go wrong with chicken fingers! And if it is served with a bowl of french fries, who even needs salad! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look absolutely delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE chicken fingers. Dunk it into some honey mustard and I'm good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for all the sweet comments!

    Rojo, is that an official suggestion for my next giveaway? Lol! If I could I would totally ship some to you, they were awesome!

    Yes the garlic salt just makes these more awesome than they already are, I hope you all enjoy them as much as we did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love chicken fingers! They never get old. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always loved chicken fingers and I think I always will. I even order them at restaurants from time to time. It may be a staple of most children, but you can't really go wrong. Crisp on the outside, moist inside, perfect for dipping into anything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never tried the chicken fingers with garlic salt either, but I must try that soon:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. mmmm I love the addition of the garlic salt! I use garlic salt in almost all of my dishes ... it's my secret ingredient. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow these look good. The hubby and I adore chicken fingers. It's just one of those foods that gives you a little dose of happy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts